It’s Time To Speak Honestly And Strongly To America
We are NOT a “special interest group” trying to gain acceptance.
WE ARE CITIZENS demanding the rights guaranteed to us by our citizenship and the US Constitution.
DEMANDING one’s Constitutional Rights is not asking for special rights! RIGHTS are everyone’s without asking for approval.
Protect the Constitution of the United States of America, specifically the 14th Amendment — also known as The Equal Protection Clause:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
The Equal Protection Clause secured the promise of the United States’ professed commitment to the proposition that “all [persons] are created equal“ by empowering the judiciary to enforce that principle against the states — and interpreted to apply to the Federal Government of the United States as well.
- So… Get this… because this is THE POINT:
In the wake of the Fourteenth Amendment, governments could not, among other things, deprive people of the equal protection of the laws.
- And… So, therefore… pay attention:
All citizens are…? (anyone? anyone?) …Constitutionally protected from discrimination and discriminatory laws based upon one’s gender: SEX.
- There now… That’s really not so difficult, is it?
The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and ALL state constitutional amendments and laws prohibit the recognition of SAME GENDER marriages… not… marriages based upon one’s sexuality.
- So, then… What else does this mean?
The prohibition within DOMA and ALL State Constitutions is based upon the two citizens’ GENDER (SEX) and not based upon their SEXUALITY.
- Discrimination based upon sexuality is not prohibited by the Constitution.
- Discrimination based upon GENDER (SEX) is prohibited by the Constitution.
DOMA and State Constitutions could, in fact, be written to prohibit marriage based upon two person’s sexuality (homosexuality). Humm… then why are these discriminatory prohibitions not so written, you might well ask? Because… how do you enforce it?
Well, think about it. Two straight people kiss in greetings all the time. Two straight people embrace in affection all the time. They even hold hands (gasp!). So, how does the state prove in court one is homosexual?
- One, the accused would have to admit as much under oath. Or…
- Two, (and this is the most provocative, which is fine by me) the state would need to record or witness gay intercourse! Bring it on, voyeurs! You might have a job with the state ; )
On the other hand, gosh darn it, the Supreme Court has already ruled that laws criminalizing gay sexual acts are… get this… unconstitutional. Shuckie Darn!
Get it? It’s just that simple.
“Please” and “May We?” Are Out The Window!
America, many of us are tired of being nice and asking for our “guaranteed” rights of citizenship. Get used to some strong words being used… and don’t shield the children’s ears: they know what it’s all about. As one father and member of FCKH8 posted online:
As for the word f*ck… it is just that… a word.
In this case it’s a word that works quite well to get the necessary attention.
And, if you think that “children and tween girls” on the FCKH8 video don’t know what they are fighting for, I would suggest that you talk to my fourteen year old daughter who has well understood for quite some time that her Dads can’t get married and has long thought it made no sense.
Or, as a straight, married friend said to me as I wrestled with saying what I really felt and expressing the hurt and anger this nation delivers me everyday by denying me the constitutional rights of my 21 year relationship:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
Protecting Sanctity of Traditional Marriage?
- If you really wanted to “protect” marriage, you’d be making divorce illegal for STR8 people.
- If your marriage needs protecting, you need a therapist NOT an amendment.
Defending Family Values?
- Don’t talk to us about “family values” if you want to FCK gays and their kids out of emergency hospital visitation, custody of their children, and health insurance benefits!
- Marriage Equality allows legal, loving two-parent families to emerge: There are as many as 120,000 children in the U.S. waiting to be adopted at any one time. Today, even without full legal rights, such families number well over 75,000, or more than 5% of adopted children in the U.S.
- Almost 3% of the nation’s 4 million same-sex households include adopted children — and that growing pool currently saves U.S. taxpayers as much as $150 million a year in costs for, among other things, keeping children in foster or institutional care and recruiting adoptive parents for them.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics has documented that the “health, adjustment and development” of kids adopted by gay parents were on par with those of kids placed with heterosexuals.
- Marriage Equality encourages people to have strong family values and to give up any high-risk sexual lifestyles.
- United by Love is a family value; Divided by Law is not!
OBVIOUSLY IT’S TIME TO GET MARRIAGE EQUALITY DONE
And… paraphrasing a good friend’s saying: All you haters out there just need to get over it, or die unhappy. — ‘Cause let me tell you, WE are not going to die unhappy any longer!
Together We Will Get This Done…
Gay + STR8 = FCKH8