Edris House by E. Stewart Williams
West Cielo Drive, Palm Springs, California
A classic example of Desert Modernism, the stone-walled Edris house appears to rise organically from the rocky landscape. Built in 1954, this home was designed for Marjorie and William Edris, Seattle hotel owners, by the prominent Palm Springs architect, E. Stewart Williams.
Local stone and Douglas Fir were used for the walls of the Edris House. The swimming pool was installed before the house was built so that the construction equipment wouldn’t damage the landscape.
Click Images For Larger Views